Technically, King and is one big (called the ), while a is divided into two separate Twin XL mattresses. The great thing is, they both allow plenty of space for you and your partner to sleep together comfortably. If you have a dog or a cat that likes to take up all the space, you’ll be happy with a King or too! mattresses both measure 80 inches long x 76 inches wide. So what’s the difference between a ? The main difference is that a
So which one is best for you? Here’s what you need to know.
What is a ?
As mentioned above, a is one big , 80 inches long x 76 inches wide. As a comparison, a (fit for a ) is 80 inches long x 60 inches wide. So a gives you an additional 16 inches of space.
a - depending on the size of your bedroom. We recommend you always take your bedroom’s measurements before buying a . You want to ensure there is enough room for two nightstands (on each side of the ) and walking space around the . mattresses usually fit well in a Master Bedroom on
Pro’s of a :
- You can toss and turn, move around. Whether you sleep alone or with a partner, you’ll have plenty of space to do so
- You can sleep in the middle of the and get closer to your partner
- You can cuddle with your partner as much as you want, on whichever side of the
- You can sleep comfortably with your dog or cat, however much space they take
Con’s of a :
- The is hard to move around due to its size and weight
- If you and your partner don’t have the same sleeping preferences, one or both of you will have to compromise on what you sleep on
- Depending on the you get, there might be an uneven weight distribution when you with you and your partner.
*Note that if you find a good , you might lower the chances of motion transfer on a .
A King (76” x 80” x 16”), one King flat sheet (108” x 104”) and two King pillowcases (20” x 36”). At overstocksheetclub.com we offer beautiful, hypoallergenic, and soft at unbeatable prices. sheet set consists of one
What is a ?
A is made of two twin XL size mattresses side by side, each measuring 80 inches x 38 inches.
So what Are The Pros And Cons Of A ?
Pro’s of a Split King Mattress:
- Great for partners who have different sleeping preferences
- Eliminates motion transfer
- If you have a /, your Twin XL mattresses will move separately, so one person can sit up and read, whilst the other can relax lying down
- Two smaller mattresses are lighter than one big , making it easier to move if needed
Con’s of a Split King Mattress:
- There’s a split in the middle, so it’s not great for partners who like to cuddle or who tend to roll towards the middle of the .
- sheets and not all sheet brands offer that size. Luckily, we do! mattresses need specialized
- If you like to have a . on your , under your sheets, you'll need two toppers instead of one for the
overstocksheetclub.com offer tons of color sheet sets in Split King size. consists of two Twin XL fitted sheets (39" x 80" x 16"), one King flat sheet (108" x 104"), and two King pillowcases (20" x 36"). We at
Other Mattress Sizes:
If you think King and sizes, such as a Full or . Here are measurements that might be useful for you to know about: beds are too big for your bedroom, your needs or your budget, you might want to consider other
Twin size mattresses are 38 x 75 inches. They're the smallest standard sizes. They're great for kids. If your kids share a room, getting a bunk for them can be a great option! Bunk beds are two beds stacked on top of each other. They are functional if your kids sleep together, because it takes less space in a room than two beds side by side. The size of a Standard, Single or Twin bunk is 75 inches x 39 inches x 65 inches. So you'll want to use Twin size mattresses to fit onto the bunk .
Twin XL size mattresses are 38 x 80 inches. They have an additional 5 inches in length compared to a regular twin, so it's a great option when your kid is a bit older and growing too tall for a Twin size . A Twin XL can also be a good option for a teenager.
*Note that twin sheets and are the same. Whether you have a regular twin size or a , you'll want to get .
Full size mattresses are 54 x 75 inches. A full size is better for a teenager who moves around; however, it is shorter than a Twin Xl so it's not as good for a tall person. Both options are great for smaller spaces such as studios or small one bedroom.
mattresses are 60 x 80 inches. They are great for adults who sleep alone, have a mid-size bedroom, or like to cuddle with their partners.
As mentioned above, a is 76 x 80 inches.
A (also called ) is 72 x 84 inches - 4 inches narrower than a regular King, but 4 inches longer. So if you're more than 6 feet tall, or you share a with a taller person, you might want to consider a .
As mentioned above, a have two Twin XL mattresses (38 x 80 inches).
There's also Split mattresses. Split California Kings are (also called Split ) two Twin XXL mattresses (36 x 84 inches).
Where Can I Purchase a King Mattress?
Here are a few companies we love, where you can find king mattresses:
What Kind Of Sheets Do You Use On A?
You can buy a King size sheet set, or build your own with the following:
1 king fitted sheet
1 king flat sheet
2 king pillowcases
Where Can I Purchase A ?
A is much easier to find. All you need is a king sized frame and 2 twin xl mattresses.
If you want an , here are a few well known companies:
Is A Worth It?
A quality night’s sleep leads to better health and productivity. So if you or your partner are having a hard time sleeping, an is worth it.
What Kind Of Sheets Do You Use On A ?
You can purchase a set or build one yourself by buying the individual items separately. All you need is:
2 twin xl fitted sheets
1 king sized flat sheet
2 king sized pillowcases (or queen if you have standard)
What Sheets Do You Use On A ?
A regular set with a good quality elastic, will work.
Want To Save
On Better Sleep?
See our latest sales!